Prerequisites for setting up stores in Germany for the Shopify platform:
1. payment systems Klarna (including payment in installments) and Sofort
2. taxes (OSS for a single VAT rate across Europe or different rates for each buyer's country) and VAT exclusion for sales to businesses outside of Germany
3. pages with store policies:
- return - Widerrufsrecht
- working conditions - AGB
- delivery terms - Versandbedingungen
- company information - Impressum
- work policy during COVID
4. The cart must contain a price including VAT and a link to the shipping policy (Settings - Policies)
5. work policies on the checkout page
6. icons of payment systems in the footer of the site
7. Order notices must include links to the Terms and Conditions and Returns page
8. The price in the product must also be displayed per unit. For example, wine 0.7 l - should be the price for 1 liter.
Checklist for starting a store in Germany.